Sarasota Burn Injury Attorney
Burn victims who were injured in traffic collisions have been through more suffering than anyone should have to deal with in their entire lives. Burn injuries are among the most painful types of injury imaginable, and can lead to permanent disfigurement, lost sense of touch, depression, and amputation. If you were injured in a traffic collision or someone you love was burned in a car crash, the Sarasota burn injury attorneys at Hale Law can help you reach a favorable outcome in your personal injury case. We will hold the negligent party accountable for their careless or reckless actions, and help you create a more stable financial future for yourself and your family.
Three Degrees of Burn Injuries
The value of your personal injury claim depends on the severity of your burn injury. This includes the surface area that was burned, the body parts affected by the injury, any potential disfigurement or loss of function of that body part, and the degree of burn itself. As you may know, there are three degrees of burn injuries, according to the Cleveland Clinic:
- First Degree Burn—Only the outermost layers of the skin (epidermis) are damaged. First degree burns are painful but do not result in long term injury.
- Second Degree Burn—The out (epidermis) and lower layers of skin (derma) are damaged, resulting in blistering, swelling, redness, and pain. Large areas of second degree burning can be life-threatening due to potential infection. Second degree burns can cause scarring as well.
- Third Degree Burn—All layers of the skin are burned, and potentially the tissue underneath the skin as well, resulting in blackened or charring flesh. Third degree burns can cause damage to underlying muscle, tendon, nerves, organs, and even bone. A third degree burn, even to a small body part, is a life-threatening condition that must be immediately treated in a hospital.
Burn Injuries Caused in Traffic Collisions
- Fire or Explosion—While vehicle fires are rare, 60 percent of fatal vehicle fires were caused in collisions, as opposed to mechanical failure engine fires for example, according to the S. Fire Administration. Fires and explosions are one of the more common causes of severe burn injuries for traffic victims.
- Motorcycle Engines—Motorcyclists may suffer serious burns if their leg or other body part gets pinned beneath their bike following a collision caused by another vehicle.
- Chemical Burns—Various chemicals within vehicles, as well as carried by tankers, can cause serious chemical burns.
Our Sarasota Burn Injury Attorneys Are Available Today
Burn injuries need to be treated immediately by medical professionals to prevent the risk of infection, and to ensure the most complete long term healing. Burn injuries can be very expensive, requiring multiple surgeries, skin grafts, and subsequent plastic surgery. You should not have to cover these costs or the other expenses caused by your substantial injuries, including pain and suffering and lost wages. Let the experienced Sarasota burn injury lawyers with Hale Law help. Call us today at 941-735-4529 to schedule a free consultation. If you are searching for a truck accident lawyer in Sarasota, FL call us. We have attorneys available to handle your case.