Hurricane Damage Resources From Hale Law
Our team at Hale Law is thinking of you as we prepare for the challenges posed by Hurricane Ian. We sincerely hope you and your families remain safe during the clean-up and recovery processes.
Part of our duty as attorneys is to ensure our community knows how to get the necessary help they need for the property damages they face. It is important to file an insurance claim with your carrier, but keep in mind the insurance companies will typically only offer the lowest possible amount of compensation. This is why it’s vital to speak with a homeowners insurance attorney about your rights.
During this time of recovery, the Hale Law team wants to provide you with useful advice to file a homeowners insurance claim and any necessary flood insurance claim.
How to File a Claim:
- Contact your insurance carrier directly and make sure to have your policy information (i.e., policy number, mortgage information, etc.)
- Create a list of all damaged property including the description, cost, and receipt.
- Take photos of the damage and if possible, include images before the damage occurred.
- Do not discard any damaged property until an adjuster has assessed everything.
- Have a contractor write an estimate. Also, be sure to verify the contractor’s credentials and contact the Attorney General’s Office and Better Business Bureau to check their ratings and work histories. A lot of this information is available online today.
- Get a written contract before any work begins, which includes all work, costs, and projected completion date. Provide this to your information to your insurance company.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the homeowners insurance attorneys at Hale Law during this time of crisis. Our team is here for you, and we want nothing more than to ensure our community is appropriately compensated for all damages that incur to their property. You can call us day or night at 941-735-4529 or reach out to us through our website chat at HaleLaw.com. Go To Hale® and see how Hale Law can be of service to you. We charge you nothing unless we win.