Sarasota Motorcycle Accidents and Head Injuries
Unfortunately, many motorcyclists sustain head injuries due to accidents. Without the standard safety features of passenger vehicles, severe injuries are possible when motorcycles collide with cars or buildings. Airbags and seatbelts can help protect a car driver’s head, but a motorcyclist could be thrown from a bike, resulting in severe injuries or a fatality.
Fatalities are 16 times more likely for motorcyclists than for individuals in passenger vehicles, according to a recent report. Motorcycle accidents can be devastating events for riders and their families. If you are healing from a bike accident and are unsure how to secure damage compensation to help you deal with extensive medical bills, talk to a Sarasota motorcycle accident attorney.
Life Changes Due to Head Injuries
On Florida roads and highways, motorcycles are not as prevalent as passenger cars, pickup trucks, semis, and SUVs. For this reason, some drivers do not look for motorcyclists. When bikes are not seen, there can be an unexpected collision, resulting in head injuries. Recovering from a head injury can take years; the process is lifelong for many. The injuries are not only physical; they can be devastating financially and emotionally as well.
- Chronic pain. While pains do tend to lessen as a body heals, there can be extreme discomfort after a head injury. Some find themselves coping with headaches and migraines for the rest of their life.
- Career and employment concerns. If a head injury leads to permanent disability, a person may never be able to return to the workforce. Even when going back to work is possible, it likely follows a long recovery period. During the recovery period, a person may not be paid at all or find their income was reduced.
- Loss of function. It is also possible a person will need to change their livelihood or retire from the workforce due to function loss. When behavior changes are major, or critical thinking skills are lost, a caregiver may be necessary.
- Memory loss. There are different types of memory loss. A head injury can result in the loss of short-term memories. Others lose memories from years past.
- Financial problems. Medical treatments, ongoing therapies, caregivers, and income loss leads to financial trouble for many families. The costs of head injuries are often more than an individual and their support system can afford.
After a motorcycle accident, healing from physical injuries and coping with the lifestyle changes that result can be all encompassing. Sometimes you cannot have the energy to negotiate with insurance companies. This could potentially lead to accepting a lower settlement offer than deserved. Connect with a Sarasota motorcycle accident attorney, a trained legal professional, who can advise you on what is best for you and advocate on your behalf with the insurance companies so you do not have to.
Did You Sustain a Head Injury in a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
The experienced Sarasota motorcycle accident attorneys at Hale Law can help you maximize your compensation. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no fees or costs if we are unable to recover compensation for you. We can walk you through the process, from beginning to end, anytime. For a free consultation, call us today at 941-735-4529.